Superconducting Crystal Growth Magnets are used in the semi-conductor industry to improve the quality of monocrystalline silicon (mono-Si). Mono-Si is the basic material used in the production of integrated circuits.
The application of a strong magnetic field during the growth of the larger diameter cylindrical ingots or boules of mono-Si reduces the incorporation of contaminants, thereby improving the quality of the resulting silicon crystal.
Tesla Engineering has developed and supplies a portfolio of next generation superconducting Crystal Grower Magnets for the growth of monocrystalline silicon using the Czochralski method (MCZ).
- Magnets for crystal growing diameters of 200 - 450 mm
- CUSP or TRANSVERSE with field strengths up to 4000 Gauss
- Cryogen Free
- <1 day downtime for cold head service
- All magnets supplied with control unit to interface with customer pullers
- Installation, commissioning and service available
- Highly efficient cryogenic design for operation with only 2 cryocoolers